Route Description: Solang Valley (2N)
Duration: 2 Nights & 3 Days
- Stay and Meals
- Sleeping Bags and Camps
- Experienced Trekking Guides
- Drive from Manali to Solang valley for 14 km and start the journey from Solang valley to Shagadugh.
- The road climbs through oak and pine forests, and as you climb higher, the panoramic view of the Solang Valley provides more adrenaline for the journey ahead.
- As you climb, pine and oak trees will be replaced by deodar trees and white mountains will be visible in the distance.
- After a long and hard climb, you reach Shagadugh. Shagadugh is an alpine herb that provides a perfect rest after climbing.
- Beware of claims from Monals and Khaleej Pheasants.
- Today, quench your thirst and start the trek early in the morning, to Patalsu Peak (4,220m).
- The journey is long and hard and requires great motivation and energy on your part.
- A few hours of walking will pass through a forest of conifers and mixed oak trees.
- As you climb higher and higher, the forest and grass disappear, what is left of the road is exposed, rocky, unmarked hills rising higher and higher.
- After about 4 hours of trekking, you will conquer Patalsu Peak, which rises to about 13,995 feet.
- The trek gives you a wonderful view of the snow-clad peaks of Dhauladhar and the Great Himalayan.
- Later that day, start the descent and head back to Shagadugh camp.
- Have breakfast and start the journey back to Solang Valley after 3 hours you will reach Solang Valley and Drop Manali by taxi and the journey will end with a sweet life memory.
Price Per Person
- Accommodation during the trek
- Day 1 ,2 Alpine/dome tents on double/Triple sharing basis, insulation mats,
- Sleeping bags on Trekking.
- First aid Box.
- Meals 2 Breakfast 2 lunch 2 dinner with tea snacks.
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Services of an expert trek leader.
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers)
- Manali To Manali Transport
- Transport to and from Manali to nearest airport/railway station(can be arranged by us at an extra cost )
- Food during transit is not included (to and from the base camp) Backpack offloading charges.
- Personal porter.
- Charges are additional for offloading last minute, on slope. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kgs. No suitcases/strollers/duffel bags will be allowed.
- Personal expenses of any kind Anything apart from the inclusions.
Our participation process is very simple. You may book online to reserve your seat or call us at 7827956056 between 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM on any working day. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com for booking and assistance. You may deposit Rs.2,000 Per Person and Balance as per our Payment Policy.
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 15 Days – No Refund on Package Amount
- Rescheduling dates within the same tour – 20% of package charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after the tour completion date.
Patalsu peak trek is ideal for both beginners and experienced trekkers. For the novice, it is a great start to enter the world of trekking. It can get a bit rigorous for the first-timers. Therefore, it is recommended for the first-timers to maintain good physical stamina and read extensively. Any experienced trekker would love to go on this weekend trek for the love of its views and trekking.
The best time for Patalsu Peak Trek is December-January and March-June.
The minimum age limit is 9 years. However, minors aged between 9 to 17 should be accompanied by their parents or guardians. If you are above the age of 60, kindly carry a medical certificate from your doctor that deem you fit for adventure activities like trekking.
In winters, during the day, the temperature will range from 10-15 degrees Celsius. The nights will get cold dropping the temperature to 0 to -12 degrees Celsius. The higher the altitude you gain, the colder it gets.
Yes, it is absolutely safe for solo women to travel in fixed departures. Women on the trek will be sharing tents with each other. In case you are the only woman on the trek, you will be given a separate tent.
Patalsu Peak at 4200m (13,800 ft) is a moderately easy summit near Manali. The trail for Patalsu Peak starts from Solang village, climbing through meadows and pine-deodar forests inhabited by Monals and Pheasants among other fauna for two days to the summit. Along with traditional Kullu hospitality and signature Manali forests, the trail offers amazing views of the Beas Kund peaks including Hanuman Tibba, to round up a perfect beginners summit!
Manali is the gateway to Solang Valley where you can participate in adventure activities like paragliding, and zorbing in the summer months when the snow melts. Visit the ancient Hadimba Devi Temple which has an interesting mythological tale associated with it. Walk through the charming lanes of Old Manali. Visit the bazaar to buy some souvenirs. Jogini Fall and Vashisht Temple are other famous attractions in Manali. You can also visit Rohtang pass while you are in Manali.
On trekking days, all the trekkers will be accommodated in twin or triple sharing tents. Along with this, there will also be a toilet tent and a dining tent installed at every campsite as we roll.
You can expect snow from December to March. It is difficult to expect snow during summers or monsoons.