Route Description: Bir (1N)
Duration: 1 Night and 2 Days
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
- Amazing views
- Helmet and Harness
Post the breakfast buffet, the group will head to the paragliding takeoff point. The flight lasts 20 to 30 minutes (with an experienced pilot). The pilot will take care of controlling the flight while you enjoy the mesmerizing views. The trekking guide and team will be waiting for you at the landing area. Post this, you can head to explore a half-day trek (easy trek), which passes through the Bir- Billing Valley. You will then come back to camp to end the tour here.
Rs.2,800/- Per Person
- English Speaking Pilot
- Fully Checked Glider
- Dinner on the first day with Music and Bonfire and Buffet Breakfast on the second day
- In-house Activities
- Stay in camps at Bir
- Half-day trek through Bir-Billing Valley
- Any Airfare or Overland Journey is not mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Guide / Entry fees.
- Any personal nature items like Laundry, bar bills, table bills, camera fees, tips, or any other item.
- Any Medical /rescue evacuation due to mishaps.
- Any meals unless specified.
- Optional or suggested activities.
- Usage of vehicles other than the places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Still, Video camera charges.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the section “inclusions”.
- 5%. GST
Our participation process is very simple. You may book online to reserve your seat or call us at 7827956056 between 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM on any working day. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking and assistance. You may deposit Rs.5000 Per Person and Balance before the one month of the Date of Travel.
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 15 Days – No Refund on Package Amount
- Rescheduling dates within the same tour – 20% of package charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after the package completion date.
For a flight time of 20-30 minutes, it costs Rs.2000.
Located on the foothills of the Himalayas, Bir-Billing’s terrain is apt for paragliding. Popularly known as ‘Parindon Ki Nagri (the town of birds)’, it hosted the Paragliding World Cup in 2015, sees nearly 350-400 tourists each day during peak season, and is considered one of “safest” paragliding sites in the country.
Experience the rush of wind while soaring through the clear skies of Bir Billing – known to be the paragliding capital of India. It attracts adventurers from different cultures and ages and offers a chance to glide over the Dhauladhar ranges, lush green fields, the beautiful water streams, and nature’s bounty.
Don’t eat much before your flight.
If you eat a lot before your paragliding flight, you may feel dizzy during your paragliding fly.
This is one of the common questions regarding paragliding tandem. Yes, air sickness can happen, usually to people who are also sensitive by car. You can also anticipate taking an anti-nausea medication one hour before.
The most famous spot in Billing is its paragliding take-off point, which is the world’s second highest, towering at 8,000ft, offering panoramic views of the valley below. The landing site is in the western fields of Chowgan in Bir.
Who can participate in a paraglider tandem flight? Participants must be physically agile, have a normal level of fitness and weight between 25-95 kg (70 – 205 lbs).
If it is the first time that you practice paragliding, you are probably wondering yourself “do I need a license to fly”? The answer is no! If you are thinking about trying tandem paragliding with us, you don’t need any license or previous experience to enjoy the flight.
How to Reach:
- By Air. Gaggal airport is the nearest airport from Bir Billing, located at a distance of only 68 km from nearby Palampur.
- By Train. Baijnath has its own Railway Station named as Baijnath Paprola Railway Station which is connected to the major cities of Kangra.
- By Road.
Though famous for paragliding, Bir has much more to offer than adventure sports. Majestic views of the higher Himalayas, beautiful monasteries and Tibetan settlements form an intriguing aspect of Bir that is little known. Bir can be best explored walking down its narrow lanes while admiring the beauty all around.