Route Description: Kareri Village (2N)
Duration: 2 Nights & 3 Days
- Stay and Meals
- Sleeping Bags and Camps
- Experienced Trekking Guides
After arriving at Barnet and meeting the rest of the group, you will start with the trek to reach the Kareri Village. After meeting the people of the Gaddi Tribe who are native to the Kareri region, you will spend the night in tents or in one of the village houses.
After breakfast this morning, you will be carrying packed lunch as you trek on your way to Kareri Lake. You will be walking through forests of Oak, Rhododendron, and Pine. The Kareri Lake trek first passes through level grounds but then comes onto a steep ascent, in which you will be trekking alongside the Kareri Nullah Stream. From Kareri Village, you will go to Reoti Base Camp. From Reoti Base camp, a trek to the lake will be organized. Trek to the lake from Reoti depends on weather conditions. You will be crossing over the rivulet a number of times using wooden bridges. Trek back to the Kareri village with the memories of the beautiful lake in your mind and in your camera. Overnight in Reoti Base camp with a campfire for your company.
After breakfast this morning, you will be trekking towards Barnette. After reaching Barnette board a taxi by yourself and reach Mcleodganj, where the Kareri Lake trekking experience will come to an end.
Ex Bernette – Rs.2,750/- Per Person
Ex Delhi – Rs.5,150/- Per Person
- Safety Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook, and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Stay in Camps/Homestay/Dome Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, Group Insurance, First Aid, and Certification on Completion.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone calls etc.
- Any food and accommodation in towns
- Transfers from Mcleodganj to Barnette and Barnette to Mcleodganj
- Any other transport other than mentioned in Inclusions on actuals.
- GST 5%
Our participation process is very simple. You may book online to reserve your seat or call us at 7827956056 between 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM on any working day. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com for booking and assistance. You may deposit Rs.1,000 Per Person and Balance as per our Payment Policy.
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 15 Days – No Refund on Package Amount
- Rescheduling dates within the same tour – 20% of package charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after the tour completion date.
Kareri Lake is an easy to moderate level trek and an ideal expedition for anyone who has maintained a reasonable level of fitness. It offers an easy trail for the most part of the journey, however, one has to pass through pieces of ground that are filled with rocky outcrops and steep upwards hike.
It is always advisable to have a guide when heading out on an expedition in the hills. Especially for first-time trekkers, the routes might get confusing, and if you’re not used to finding your way in the hills – it can be a scary experience. Always be prepared, and some help is never underappreciated.
Camping is generally on a triple/Quad sharing basis, however, for couples, we can arrange for twin sharing tents on prior booking.
Absolutely. First-time trekkers can accomplish this trek without an issue.
Yes, you may trek in the winters – however, you need to prepare for the challenges of snow and frigid cold. Water sources, food options might not be available. The lake will be frozen, and you’ll need to pack everything with you.
Many trekking agencies conduct group trekking tours to Bhrigu Lake, For a unique and hassle-free trekking experience join International Youth Club.