Route Description: Kasol (1N) – Grahan Village (1N) – Min Thatch (1N) – Nagaru (1N) – Biskeri Thatch (1N)
Duration: 5 Nights and 6 Days
- Dinner and Breakfast
- Camping with sleeping bags and mats
- Qualified and experienced guides
Day 01: (Kasol) Arrival in Kasol
- Arrive at Kasol Base Camp in the morning and complete the registration.
- This day is for acclimatization; orientation sessions will be given along with information like rucksack packing, marching/walking technique, and general awareness about the trek route.
Day 02: (Grahan Village) Trek To Grahan Village (4-5 Hours)
- Wake up to the beautiful Himalayan sunrise at Base Camp.
- Have breakfast and drive to the center of Kasol to start your exciting trek! The easy trail which is frequently used by locals will take you through pine forests.
- In a couple of hours, you will be able to cover much of the distance as the trail is easy to climb.
- After reaching the Grahan Nahal, the trail becomes rocky and steep. The locals say that the Rhododendron petals can be eaten whole and the syrup can be mixed with water to make a refreshing drink. You can definitely try that when in the Himalayas! The steep climb of an hour will take you to your destination for the day.
- Reach Grahan Village by evening and freshen up.
- Have your dinner and stay overnight in the camps.
Day 03: (Min Thatch) Grahan Village To Min Thatch (4-5 Hours)
- Start your trek towards the north of the camping ground at Grahan.
- You will bump into many locals on the way using the Min Thatch trail.
- After walking a little more, you will see the Min Thatch, Nagaru, and Sar top on the mountains.
- The steeper trails will take you to the woods. Remember to stay with your group here as the trail becomes steeper and a bit confusing.
- Cross the lush green forest and reach Min Thatch. Admire the Chanderkhani stretch and many more ranges from the campsite at Min Thatch.
- Have your dinner and stay overnight at the camps.
Day 04: (Nagaru) Min Thatch To Nagaru (4-6 Hours)
- Have your breakfast and trek through the pastoral forest covered with snow from Min Thatch to Nagaru.
- You will have to be careful on this trail as the steep slope and the snow will make the trek difficult here.
- After a difficult trek for 2-3 hours, you will finally reach the Nagaru campsite.
- Enjoy the mesmerizing vistas of the magnificent mountain across the Parvati valley.
- See the small glittering lights of the Manikaran town as the night sets in.
- It gets extremely chilly in the evening.
- It is advisable to sleep early to avoid catching a cold next!
Day 05: (Biskeri Thatch) Nagaru To Biskeri Thatch Via Sar Pass (6-8 Hours)
- Rise and shine early morning to start your trek.
- Climb up through the snow trails and admire the dazzling peaks of Tosh Valley.
- The exhilarating view on the top of Sar Pass will leave you spellbound!
- Spend some time there and take in the beauty of the place. Slide down to the valley but take the necessary precautions.
- The sliding downhill is almost 1 KM! Walk for an hour and cross some magical water streams to reach the Biskeri Thatch campsite by evening.
- Take rest and have dinner. Stay overnight at the Biskeri Thatch campsite.
Day 06: (Barshaini) Biskeri Thatch To Barshaini And Drive Back To Kasol | Departure
- See the splendid views of lofty mountains and pine forests from Biskeri Thatch!
- Start trekking downhill through the dense forest, crossing a stream, and then reach Pulga.
- The twin villages Pulga and Tulga are separated by a stream.
- Cross the bridge on the Parvati River to reach the Barshaini Village.
- Your jeep will be waiting for you there to drive you to Kasol.
- Your amazing trek to the Sar pass concludes here.
- Trip Ends.
Price Per Person
|Variant||Start Point||End Point||Price|
*plus 5% GST
- Tents will be available on a Double/Triple sharing basis
- Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping mats
- Camping Lights
- Toilet tents
- Experience and Certified Guides
- Transfers from Barshaini to Kasol
- Meals (Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Snacks, Dinner) during the trek
- Transport to and from Kasol
- No Transportation
- Transfer / meals / accommodation other than mentioned above
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance, etc.
- 5% GST
Our participation process is very simple. You may book online to reserve your seat or call us at 7827956056 between 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM on any working day. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking and assistance. You may deposit Rs.2500 Per Person and Balance before the one month of the Date of Travel.
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 15 Days – No Refund on Package Amount
- Rescheduling dates within the same tour – 20% of package charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after the package completion date.
Is Sar Pass trek difficult?
The Sar Pass Trek (4200 m) is Parvati range that offers abundant adventure and is a moderate trek on the difficulty level for nature lovers. There are fabulous views of snow-clad mountains, pristine streams & rivulets all along the trek. Part of the trek in the lower altitude also goes through a rhododendron forest.
Is Sar Pass trek for beginners?
Sar Pass is a perfect trek for beginners. It’s apt for those who want to experience all kinds of terrain. Forests, meadows, quaint villages, or snow-covered mountains, this trail offers a gamut of experiences to trekkers.
Why is Brahmatal famous?
Brahmatal provides a panoramic view of the Himalayas with Mt. Trishul and Nanda Ghunti, a bird’s eye view of the majestic Roopkund Trek and ample opportunities to capture the majestic snow-covered peak with their camera.
How long is Sar Pass trek?
On one of the days of the trek, you will pass by a small frozen lake (Sar in the local dialect) from which the Sar Pass trek gets its name. The total trek distance is 48 km. Close to a height of 14000 ft, the view from the pass is that of the majestic mountains of Parvati Valley.
How is the weather during the Sar Pass trek?
In the month of May, the level of snow is considerably higher than during the successive months. Further, in June, the snow begins to melt, and leaves a fresh green trail. Although the weather conditions are ideal during these months, above 4,000 meters, things can change drastically.
What will the temperatures be like during this trek?
In winters, during the day, the temperature will range from 10-15 degrees Celsius. The nights will get cold dropping the temperature to 0 to -8 degrees Celsius. The higher the altitude you gain, the colder it gets.
There are no reviews yet.