Route Description: Leh (3N) – Somo Paldar (1N) – Dib Cave/Tibb (1N) – Naerak (1N) – Dib Cave/Tibb (1N) – Leh (1N)
Duration: 8 Nights and 9 Days
Fixed Departure Dates: 8th Jan, 9th Jan, 15th Jan, 16th Jan 22nd Jan, 23rd Jan, 29th Jan, 30th Jan, 5th Feb, 6th Feb
- 4 Nights at Leh and 4 Nights at Trek
- Expert Team with the latest equipment
- Option for additional nights in Leh & Ladakh sightseeing
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide, and Support staff to help trekkers.
Leh, which lies at an altitude of more than 3500 meters above sea level, is the second-largest UT in the country. In winters, as most passes leading to Leh are closed, you will be flown to the Leh airport which has the distinction of being the highest airport in the world.
As soon you land at the airport, you will be greeted by dry and cold air, but what will take all your attention is the lofty, snow-capped mountains all around; a sight that will remain with you forever. After completing the arrival formalities and picking up your bags from the baggage counter, take a taxi and proceed towards the pre-arranged hotel or guest house. Enjoy an overnight stay in the hotel or guest house.
Get up early in the morning and begin the process of acclimatization at a high altitude. Proceed to walk towards Shanti Stupa, a sacred Buddhist stupa, from where you will get an opportunity to witness a beautiful view of the sunrise and a panoramic sight of the town of Leh.
Stay hydrated as you spend your first day of the trek in Leh.
Due to the challenging nature of this particular trek, the government has made it mandatory for participants to acquire medical certification before they undertake the Chadar trek. A clearance certificate upon a medical check-up will be issued by the ALTOA designated medical camp. One will get a certificate only when adequately fit and acclimatized for the trek.
Enjoy tea and breakfast in the morning and start your journey by driving to Shingra Koma. This ride is not for the faint-hearted as bumpy roads and hairpin bends are quite common on this route. The sight of the surrounding high mountains will give you a sense of awe. After a point, you will have to deboard from the vehicle and trek towards Somo Paldar campsite.
Your Chadar trek expedition starts here.
Today, you will set out to trek to Dib Cave/Tibb. During the day, you will behold the breathtaking beauty of the region including ravines and gorges. You might not see sunshine properly as the steep cliffs in this area obstruct them. Once you reach Dib, you will see a large cave. This is the place where you will halt for the night and rest. Butter tea would be offered and we recommend you try it. Enjoy an overnight stay at the campsite.
Today, you will trek the most scenic part of the region and get a chance to witness the largest frozen waterfall and prayer flags. The bridge built next to the site of the waterfall is used in summers to reach Zanskar from Leh. Thereafter, you can proceed towards the village of Naerak to mingle with the locals and understand their way of living. Stay overnight at the village camp comfortably.
On this particular day, start your return trip and proceed towards Tibb. The return trail would not be easy and the river quickly reacts to any change in the temperature. By now the frozen river might have taken an entirely new form. On the way back, admire the beauty of the region, click pictures and meet locals, who can be seen wearing traditional woolen Gonchas (robes). Upon Dib Cave, relax and stay overnight at the campsite.
In the morning, get ready to leave Tibb and proceed towards Shingra Koma, crossing Gyalpo. The trail today will give you a chance to witness high mountains and pugmarks of wild animals like snow leopards, ibex, and foxes. If lucky, you just might spot a leopard; even if you do not, then at least be sure, you would be watched by them.
In the evening, drive back to Leh and stay overnight at the hotel.
Today, the mesmeric journey to one of the finest scenic destinations of India will ultimately come to an end. The entire experience, we are sure, would give you an unmatchable feeling of achievement and satisfaction. In the morning, check out from the guesthouse and depart from the Leh airport.
- Accommodation. Leh Guest House (Day 1,2,3, 8 according to Itinerary) and Camping while on Trek on Day 4,5,6,7 according to Itinerary)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) – Hot Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner starting from Day 4 Breakfast to Day 8 Breakfast.
- Celebratory Dinner on Day 8 in Leh
- Trek equipment including -30 degree comfortable double-layer Siachen sleeping bags, sleeping mats, air breathable 4 season camping tents, mobile kitchen, and utensils for food
- First Aid, Medical Kits, Oximeter, and oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide, and Support staff to help trekkers.
- Fixed return transfers from Leh Guest House to Trek Base Camp is included in the package as per the itinerary on Day 4 and Day 8
- Porters to carry the common luggage including tents, sleeping bags, kitchen tents, camping ration and food, fuel/kerosene, oxygen cylinders, toilet tents.
- Food / Meal in Leh. Available in Leh Hotel/Guest House @ Rs.250/- Per Meal(Approx)
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Adventure Insurance premium cover of Rs.4,100/- to be paid directly after the medical check-up in Leh(Premium amount based on 2021 Chadar Trek).
- Local authorities (LAHDC, ALTOA) charge fees for the environment and Wildlife for the trek which totals to 4,500 INR per head (The fee may be revised) will have to be paid by trekkers before starting the trek in Leh, So keep some cash handy.
- A medical check-up may happen either at SNM Hospital or as advised by the ALTOA association.
- Porter to carry personal luggage. The same may be arranged @ Rs.4750/- for the complete trek days ie from Day 4 to Day 8(5 Trek Days) up to 10Kg baggage
- Airport pick from the Leh Airport (Govt Pre Paid Taxi Charges @ Rs.500/-)
- Anything not specifically mentioned under ‘Inclusions
Our participation process is very simple. You may book online to reserve your seat or call us at 8010224422 between 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM on any working day. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com for booking and assistance. You may deposit Rs.5000 Per Person and Balance before the one month of the Date of Travel.
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 15 Days – No Refund on Package Amount
- Rescheduling dates within the same tour – 20% of package charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after the package completion date.
8th Jan, 9th Jan, 15th Jan, 16th Jan 22nd Jan, 23rd Jan, 29th Jan, 30th Jan, 5th Feb, 6th Feb
- Rs.19500/- excluding permits and airport return transfers
- Rs.28,500/- including Trekking Pole, Gum Boots, Permits, Environmental Fee, Wildlife Fee, ALTOA, LAHDC, and airport drop
Plus 5% GST will be applicable on both the variants
All the bookings canceled before 15-December’2021 are eligible for a 50% refund. There will not be any refund applicable for new bookings and existing bookings after 15th-December’2021.
In case the Chadar is not formed we will offer the alternate trek for same duration otherwise 50% refund is applicable on the bookings if no stay or services availed with us.
International Youth Club takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during the trekking expeditions. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, International Youth Club will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trekking and expeditions.
Any other charge that the local authority (LAHDC, ALTOA, or any other) may charge a development fee during the trek (which may range anywhere between 4000- 4500 INR per head). All of these kinds of charges are to be paid by trekkers in advance before starting the trek and are not included in the package. Currently, the Fee is Rs.4,150/- for Indians and Rs.4,650/- for Foreigners.
Transportation from Base Camp Leh to Leh is included in the package as per the itinerary. Airport transfers pick up or drop may be arranged at an additional cost of Rs.500/- Per Person
Stay will be in Hotels and guest houses while in Leh City. Tented accommodation will be provided on a twin/triple sharing basis while on the trek.
Meals will be provided while on the trek. Our cooks will be serving simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Hot lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, bread, poha, sweet, tea, milk, high energy bars, dry fruits, juices, etc. is the regular menu)
Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. The rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any exigencies from the insurance company.